An Update on My Life
What’s makes me so important for you to care about an update on my life? Nothing. I’m no different than you. But, I just happen to have a blog and I’m feeling a pull to share with you what’s been going on in my life lately.
Why? Two reasons.
- I use writing to make sense of my life. It’s a tool for me to tap into my subconscious mind. It’s said that 95% of our life is run by the subconscious mind. So see this post as a journal entry. It’s going to be very raw and authentic as I make my subconscious, conscious.
- I truly have never been happier and I want to share why.
Above all, I want to say that I’m not trying to brag. If you know me, you know this is true. My purpose in life is to make other peoples lives easier. So my intention for this blog post is to do just that.
- I stopped getting on the rollercoaster ride. I mean, the rollercoaster ride of life is always there. It’ll never get shut down. There will always be people trying to bring you down. There will always be events happening that are “undesirable”. And then there will be the ups when things work out exactly how you planned. That’s the rollercoaster of your life’s circumstances. But I say let’s get off the fucking ride and not rely on IT for our happiness. That rollercoaster ride is not who you are. Finding peace and purpose in your life and in your present moment will get you off of that ride...for good.
- I’m living my purpose. Like I said earlier, my purpose in life is to make other peoples lives easier. Am I changing the world? Am I solving world peace? Probably not as quickly and radically as I’d like, but I’m taking it day by day. I’m doing what I love daily…finally! The simplest gestures like sharing a recipe and hearing that it was “super easy to make and delicious” seriously makes my effing day. I don’t need to solve the world’s problems to feel worthy of purpose and happiness and neither do you.
- My body and I are BFF’s. I stopped abusing my body. I feed it foods that tell my body “I love you” and in return, it gives me energy that says “I love you” back.
- I’ve stopped being so hard on myself. I’ve come to realize that allowing myself to be vulnerable and feel sad or be upset is totally okay. Even though I’m the happiest I’ve ever been, I can still be sad. It’s going to happen. I used to push the sad feelings to the side because I didn’t want to feel that way, but it only kept me there. Allowing yourself to feel gives the emotions permission to pass.
- I’m acting on inspiration. When we’re connected to the Universe through the act of surrender, inspiration comes to your effortlessly. Instead of thinking that ideas or insights that pop into your head are stupid…act on them! Go for it! You have little to no fear when you can feel the direct connection to something bigger than yourself. We are all connected, but the goal is to feel it. Be it. Have it.
- I feel like I’ve FINALLY surrendered. Omg you guys. This is by far, the hardest thing I have ever had to do. And I worked HARD to get here. Surrendering means to relinquish control of your life to a higher power. Trusting that the Universe or God (whatever you want to call it) has got your back and only wants the best for you.
For example, last week my husband and I took a trip to NYC. Our life long dream has been to attend Saturday Night Live. We looked into getting tickets and the costs were outrageously expensive so we decided to pass. We arrive in New York Saturday morning and head to NBC studios to see if we could catch a stand-by ticket. Nothing. No results. I could feel my stomach turn because I wanted to go SO badly. Then I thought, “You’re in NYC, one of your favorite places in the world, with the man of your dreams. Enjoy!” and we did just that. I dove into the present moment. When I choose presence over pain, the Universe decided to send me a sign. A teenager rams into the subway with 3 feet high letter balloons spelling out “LOVE” and of course sits next to me and the balloons kept hitting me in the face. Once I acknowledged the sign, I could feel an immense amount of love fill my body. Fast forward a couple hours later and my husband gets an email from a ticket guy saying that he had two SNL tickets land on his desk a couple minutes ago and the costs are dramatically cheaper. So we went to SNL. Dream come true.
tomorrow, everything could change. I could be miserable. But I don’t have any fear of that. Most likely because my thoughts are in today. I don’t want to think about tomorrow if I don’t have to. Plus, if I trust the Universe, what do I have anything to worry about?